HOME REMEDIES FOR ARTHRITIS
The word ‘arthritis’ means ‘inflammation of the joints’. It is derived from two Greek words: athron, meaning joints; and itis, meaning inflammation. It is, generally, a chronic disease process. Arthritis occurs in various forms, the most frequent being osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease which usually occurs in the older agegroup. Rheumatoid arthritis is a serious disease which affects not only the joints of the fingers, wrists, hips, knees, and feet, but also the muscles, tendons and other tissues of the body. Arthritis affects the joints of the body, they become swollen, painful, deformed, stiff, eventually
the join loses range of motion and the pain becomes unbearable. There are many types of arthritis, the most common one is Osteoarthritis, which causes a slow deterioration of the cartilage on the tip of each bone, then they start rubbing against each other injuring the articulation, scar tissue grows to deform the area.
- Steam baths and massage once a week are very helpful.
- Take 10-15 grams of camphor and 200-250 grams of mustard oil and mix in a glass bottle and keep this bottle in sun till the camphor gets dissolved properly. Massage the affected area everyday with it. One of the good home remedies for leg pain.
- A red flannel can be wrapping up around the pain area.
- Use of coconut also assists in curing the leg and knee pains.
- To get better the general weakness of the body a well-balanced diet including all the three basic food groups is advisable.
- Eating 4-5 walnuts with an bare stomach in morning provided relief from leg pain in a short duration.
- Intake of cod liver oil helps in curing all sorts of leg pains and general weakness of the body.
- 2-3 teaspoonful of fenugreek powder in morning water is very helpful.
- Various yogasanas like janusandhi, uttanpadasana and gomukhasana are very helpful for the leg pain.
- Eat Alfalfa or take alfalfa capsules. It’s very rich in minerals needed for the formation of bones.
- Take chondroitin sulfate 700 mg. a day to strengthening of joints and ligaments. Take it in tablet form, click on the sign for Chondroitin Caplets.
- Take Vitamin E to protect and improve joint mobility.
- Bogbean is an aquatic herb, very powerful herb special for rheumatoid arthritis and
Osteoarthritis, anti-inflammatory. Since this herb cleans the urinary tract, drink lots of water.
- Boswellia has anti-inflammatory effects similar to Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) (Advil, Aleve, Tylenol etc.) but this herb does not have side effects and does not causes gastrointestinal bleeding. It improves circulation to the joints, relieves pain, inflammation and stiffness.
- Ginger is the Killer of Arthritis pain, superior to any NASID, it can be applied directly on the affected area or taken orally ether way it relieves pain, inflammation, stiffness, bursitis, tendinitis.
- MSM is rapidly establishing a reputation as a safe, natural effective solution for many types of pain and inflammatory conditions including: degenerative (wear-and-tear) arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic back pain, chronic headaches, muscle pain, fibromyalgia, tendonitis, bursitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, TMJ, post-traumatic pain, inflammation and heartburn.
- Epsom Salt is high in magnesium. Magnesium is important for bone growth and regulates the body’s pH level. A deficiency of magnesium lowers the ability of the body to absorb and use calcium and phosphorus, which are the two primary bone-building minerals.
- The following home remedies using Epsom Salt can be used to reduce the symptoms associated with arthritis. NOTE: If you have heart or kidney disease, consult your doctor before using these remedies. Excessive magnesium can cause diarrhea, nausea, cramps, muscle weakness, and heart abnormalities.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of Epsom Salt in one pint of warm water and take one teaspoon in the morning and one at night.