HOME REMEDIES FOR ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER
Attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity are the epidemic of our age, but current treatment is woefully inadequate. While our society wages an ongoing “war on drugs,” millions of children are hooked on “speed” in the form of Ritalin and amphetamines. Apart from serious and permanent side effects, these do not remotely address underlying causes and can in no way be regarded as a cure. In the other hand home remedies for ADD and ADHD are a great natural alternative if you want your child to remain drug free.
Diagnoses such as learning disability, hyperactivity and poor impulse control are usually attributed to a brain chemistry imbalance. A better term might be “toxic brain syndrome,” since the overriding factor is a constant bombardment of the child’s nervous system with pesticides, mercury, lead, food additives, artificial sweeteners, vaccines, antibiotics and allergenic foods.
Each one of these factors has been shown to significantly and profoundly impact developing brain cells and combine together with devastating effects. Home remedies for ADD and ADHD are free of chemicals and side effects.
A full-scale assault on these problems requires a homeopathic, herbal and nutritional program to undo the developmental and biological damage caused by chronic exposure to toxins. Home remedies for ADD and ADHD have the short- term gain of relaxing and calming, while
improving brain function and neurotransmitter production. In the long run, nervine and adaptogenic plants can protect, detoxify and heal the nervous system—all without the significant toxicity or side effects of drugs. See also Anxiety – Fatigue -Insomnia – Depressions – Memory –
Stressto treat ADD and ADHD with home remedies.
- Bacopa-Brahmi/Bacopa monnieri
• Calming and sedative. Improves attention deficit disorder; important for hyperactivity.
• Improves intellectual capacity, acuity, clarity of thought, concentration.
• Improves memory, especially in the elderly; shortens learning time.
- California Poppy-Eschscholtzia californica
• A gentle sedative that relieves psychological and emotional disturbances in kids. Soothes and balances an overactive nervous system.
• Reduces attention deficit disorder and tension in overactive states, decreases spasms.
• Effective for difficulty in falling asleep or frequent, regular waking.
- Catnip-Nepeta cataria
• Relieves attention deficit disorder, restlessness, tension, stress and hyperactivity.
• A mild relaxant that promotes restful sleep. Helps diarrhea, headache, colic or stomach ache due to stress. Balances mood swings or hysteria.
- Ginkgo-Ginkgo biloba
• Improves focus, memory, cognition, knowledge retention, perception.
• Increases neurotransmitters, boosts the brain’s ability to use oxygen.
• Increases circulation to brain; high in nutritive antioxidants that protect the brain and nervous system from damage by various toxins.
- Grape Seed Extract-Vitis vinifera
• Contains bioflavonoids with the most potent antioxidant effects known.
• Able to cross the blood brain barrier and directly protect the brain against a wide variety of toxins and damaging free radicals.
• Improves brain blood flow, strengthens brain capillaries.
- Hops-Humulus lupulus
• Indicated for nervous tension, excitability, restlessness and irritability.
• Excellent for insomnia, taken orally or as a hops and lavender pillow.
• Calms and improves the mood, but should be avoided in depression.
• Strengthens and stimulates digestion, relieves intestinal discomfort.
- Kava Kava-Piper methysticum
• Valuable in attention deficit disorder; relieves attention deficit disorder without any cognitive or mental impairment. Reduces insomnia, tension and stress.
• Produces a sense of tranquility and softens angry or violent feelings.
• Significantly improves mood, tension level and sleep patterns.
- Lemon Balm-Melissa officinalis
• A gentle, safe and calming children’s herb for depression and attention deficit disorder.
• Relaxes the nervous system; eases agitation while soothing digestion.
- Oats-Avena sativa
• Nervous system nutritive and tonic for mental stress, nervousness, overwork, exhaustion, weakness. Improves mental concentration, focus.
• Eases stress, tension, depression, insomnia—but improves clarity.
• Excellent for transitioning and weaning off neurological medications.